Grenoble- based research institute, CEA-Leti, has announced it will focus on a new collaboration model for a wide range of industry oriented customers from start-ups to manufacturers. The unique, research-oriented, process and metrology tool set will offer:
- Advanced single step processes to high-end process modules to realize some or the entire product or simply make a proof-of-concept demonstration;
- Flexible customer owned processes to meet small manufacturing requirements through prototyping or small pre-series before transfer to commercial foundries;
- Equipment access through the expertise of CEA-Leti engineers.
LETI-3S for Silicon Specialty Solutions is targeting start-ups, component integrators, fabless or fablite companies, equipment or consumable suppliers. Other entities who might be interested include foundries or research centers with a limited processes offer, micro and nanotechnologies companies who don’t want low-volume activities, and high-value silicon wafers dealers.
3S addresses the following main domains:
- Front Side/Back Side cleanings, wet etch and stripping
- Lithography with dual side alignment capability. LETI-3S can provide generic masks but usually works on customer designs adapted to CEA-Leti lithography tools.
- Implantation, epitaxy, diffusion
- CMP, bonding, grinding, dicing
- Advanced in-line metrology
LETI-3S will operat out of the Minatec Campus in Grenoble on 24/7 200mm and 300mm technology platforms. Smaller wafer sizes should be available thanks to an innovative holder technology. LETI-3S can provide substrates or work on customers wafers, pre-processed or not, through stringent contamination protocols.
ISO9001 certification reinforces CEA-Leti’s leadership position as an industry oriented research center. LETI-3S ensures full traceability from process flow conception to product delivery. SPC, FMEA, audits or conformance certificates to specifications are available according to the type of inquiry.
“LETI-3S is totally in accordance with the CEA-Leti missions to create and to transfer innovations to the industry“, said Laurent Malier, CEO of CEA-Leti. “This is a great opportunity for us to give a simple access to our resources and thus enlarge significantly the panel of our industrial partners on different markets in our application domain.”