Each year, we celebrate your efforts in innovation by hosting the 3D InCites Awards, which recognize excellence in heterogeneous
integration, 3D HI, and chiplet technologies; sustainability; and diversity, equity and inclusion.
Nominations for the awards open Monday, October 2, and close Friday, October 20, 2023. Finalists will be published in the 2024
3D InCites Yearbook, and awards will be presented in a ceremony at the IMAPS Device Packaging Conference on Tuesday, March 19, 2024.
This year’s categories include:
- Advanced Technology Enablement (multiple awards)
- Engineer of the Year
- Sustainability Award
- The Adele Hars Award for DEI
- Best Place to Work (Online Vote)
Applications for Technology Enablement, Sustainability, and Adele Hars Award for DEI open October 2, 2023
To be considered, applicants must complete an online brief questionnaire and submit it no later than midnight on Tuesday October 20, 2023.
Nominations for Best Place to Work requires 150 words why the company is the best place to work.
Applications will be reviewed by the 3D InCites Member Advisory Board (Technology) and Sustainability and DEI selection commitees, and finalists will be notified by mid-November. All finalists will be acknowledged in the 2024 3D InCites Yearbook.
Finalists will complete an additional questionnaire by Monday, January 15. This will reviewed by the advisory board and judges, and winners will be notified on Monday, February 5, 2024.
Awards will be presented in a ceremony on March 19, 2024, during the opening of the IMAPS Device Packaging Conference.
The 3D InCites SemiSister Award recognizes a company or organization in the microelectronics industry that demonstrates significant efforts to foster gender diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workplace. This award will be decided by a special committee.
Adele Hars Award for DEI and Criteria
The SemiSister Award for DEI is being renamed to honor one of our SemiSisters, Adele Hars, who lost her battle with cancer on July 23, 2023. Adele was a well-known industry journalist, known for her work with the SOI Consortium, until the organization was bought by SEMI. In more recent years, she supported The Ojo-Yoshida Report and SemiEngineering.
The Adele Hars Award for DEI is presented to a company that demonstrates best practices in Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. Returning once again to the Selection Committee are Margaret Kindling, SEMI Foundation, and Joanne Itow, SEMICO Research. They established the following criteria upon which this award is based.
The 3D InCites Sustainability Award is presented to a company that demonstrates best practices in sustainable semiconductor manufacturing. Dean Freeman, Chief Analyst, Freeman Technology and Market advisors, and Julia Goldstein, Owner, JLFG Communications and Author of Material Value, return once again as Sustainability Award Judges.
Dean and Julia established criteria based on the following criteria:
- Commitment to the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDG), particularly
- # 6: Clean water and sanitation
- #7: Affordable and clean energy
- #12: Responsible consumption and production
- #13: Climate action
- Their rigor of reporting, delving into data presented in their most recent CSR/Sustainability reports on greenhouse gas emissions, adoption of clean energy, water use, handling of hazardous and non-hazardous waste, and more. The committee looked both at progress to date and future goals
- Creative solutions that go beyond conventional practices to address the above issues
- Other recent awards and recognition for sustainability, including 2020 scores from CDP Global on climate change and water security
3D InCites Sustainability Award Committee
Best Place To Work
As the semiconductor and microelectronics industry is experiencing a talent shortage, 3D InCites is committed to supporting workforce development initiatives. This year, we devote our online vote to one category – the Best Place to Work.
- Nominate your company as a best place to work in the microelecetronics industry/ The winner determined based on the votes as a percentage of the company’s total employee base
- Details coming soon!
- Accepting Applications: October 2-20, 2023
- Finalists Notified: November 27, 2024
- Finalists Announced: January 8, 2024
- Awards Presented: March 14, 2024