The judge’s votes are in and the online poll is closed, and I’m not telling you who won the 2014 3D InCites Reader’s Choice Award. We are saving that, and the announcements of the judges’ picks for this year’s official 3D InCites Awards until the breakfast ceremony on Thursday, July 10, 2014, at the Impress Lounge.
However, I WILL tell you who won each category of the online poll, like I did last year. It’s been an exciting race to watch (not quite as exciting as the World Cup, but for me, a close second), and it’s really all in good fun to see the troops rally behind their favorites. I also think that this year’s results might surprise you. Don’t assume that just because a company won the online poll, that they are also the official winners. So without further ado, the winners of the 2014 3D InCites Awards Online Poll are:
- 3D Devices: Novati Technologies: Silicon Interposer Module
- 3D Design Tools: E-System Design: Sphinx 3D Pathfinder V3
- 3D Manufacturing Equipment: Rudolph Technologies: JetStep S Series Lithography System
- 3D Metrology/Inspection Tools or Equipment: KLA Tencor: CV310i Wafer Edge Inspection and Metrology Module
- 3D Processes: SPTS: Blanket Silicon Etch Process for Via Reveal
Congratulations to all, and thank you all for participating! To find out the official winners, and to honor all participants, please join us at the Impress Lounge on Thursday, July 10, from 8-10am for the 2014 3D InCites Awards Breakfast, sponsored by Micron. There will be a full breakfast and pastries. Bryan Black, Senior Fellow, AMD will discuss the advantages of designing in 3D. Register to attend here. ~F.v.T.