Arm’s Simon Segars Continues as Chair of the Governing Council
MILPITAS, CALIF. –– May 20, 2021 –– The Electronic System Design (ESD) Alliance, a SEMI Technology Community, today welcomed back nine members of its Governing Council along with newly elected member Aki Fujimura, D2S’ CEO.
Simon Segars, CEO of Arm continues as the Governing Council chair.
Returning Governing Council members who will serve a two-year term that runs through 2023:
- Aart de Geus, chairman and co-CEO of Synopsys, Inc.
- Dean Drako, president and CEO at IC Manage
- John Kibarian, president and CEO of PDF Solutions, Inc.
- Prakash Narain, president and CEO from Real Intent
- Joe Sawicki, executive vice president of Siemens EDA
- Simon Segars
- Babak Taheri, CEO/CTO of Silvaco
- Lip-Bu Tan, CEO of Cadence Design Systems
- Bob Smith, executive director of the ESD Alliance
“It’s a pleasure to welcome back members of our Governing Council and new member Aki Fujimura,” remarks Smith. “We accomplished a great many items on our goals list for the last term and I look forward to completing even more in the new term.”
The current slate of Governing Council members was elected by more than 90% of eligible members companies casting ballots during the voting period that ended May 14.
About the Electronic System Design Alliance
The ESD Alliance, a SEMI Technology Community, is the central voice to communicate and promote the value of the semiconductor design ecosystem as a vital component of the global electronics industry. As an international association of companies providing goods and services throughout the semiconductor design ecosystem, it is a forum to address technical, marketing, economic and legislative issues affecting the entire industry.