Ever since 3D InCites was first launched in 2009, it has had an official technical advisory board of 2.5D and 3D integration experts whose job it is to offer guidance and support, mostly “behind the scenes”, and occasionally participate in online forum discussions. The original board was made up of mostly representatives from research institutes and a few from manufacturing (Sitaram Arkulgud from SEMATECH, Erik-Jan Marinissen from imec, Nicolas Sillon from Leti, Lee Smith from Amkor, Deepak Sekar from Rambus, and Yann Guillou, first when he was with ST Ericsson, and then SEMI Europe). In those early days, board participation was process heavy and supply chain light – just as 3D technologies themselves were.
But technologies have matured, positions have changed, and as was always intended, 3D InCites has become more of a community than a one-woman-show. So we decided it was time to “refresh” the 3D InCites Technical Advisory Board. Some of the original members have graciously agreed to continue serve although there professional titles have evolved. New members have been added, and the board now represents a stronger balance across the supply chain and from around the world to include experts in EDA, processes, test, manufacturing, technology development, and market analysis.
It is my distinct honor to announce the new and improved 3D InCites Technical Advisory Board (in alphabetical order) :
- Sitaram R. Arkalgud, Ph.D., VP of 3D Technology, Invensas Corp. San Jose, CA
- Yann Guillou, Business Development Manager, SEMI Europe Grenoble Office, France
- Erik Jan Marinissen, Principal Scientist at IMEC, Leuven, Belgium
- Herb Reiter, Founder, eda2asic Consulting, Palo Alto, CA
- Mark Scannell, Director Business Development Silicon Component Division, Leti, Grenoble, France
- Larry Smith, Ph.D., Senior Member of Technical Staff, SEMATECH, Albany, NY
- E. Jan Vardaman, president and founder of TechSearch International, Inc., Austin, TX
- Paul Werbaneth, 3D and MEMS Industry Journalist, Petaluma CA
- M. Juergen Wolf, Head of Division Wafer Level System Integration, Fraunhofer IZM-ASSID
Board members have agreed to take a more active role in 3D InCites, so you’ll see more guest blogging and participation in forum discussions. You may have noticed that we’ve already had contributions from Jan Vardaman, Paul Werbaneth, and most recently from Mark Scannell. I’d like to extend my sincere thanks to these busy people who care enough about 3D integration and the success of 3D InCites to offer their guidance and support. ~ F.v.T.