SEMICON China 2021, the world’s largest semiconductor conference and exhibition, opens tomorrow, gathering industry leaders and visionaries for insights into the latest developments and trends in the electronics industry. March 17-19 at the Shanghai New International Expo Centre, SEMICON China is a key enabler of collaboration and innovation across the entire electronics supply chain including chip design, manufacturing, assembly and test, equipment and materials. Registration is open.
SEMICON China will feature nearly 1,100 exhibitors at more than 4,000 booths – a sprawling footprint reflecting the region’s rising prominence in the global semiconductor industry. Powered by new fab projects and capacity expansion, China’s capital equipment market grew to become the world’s largest for the first time last year, SEMI market data shows.
SEMICON China 2021 Adds Virtual Platform
SEMICON China 2021 will combine an exhibition with a virtual platform to enable easy, convenient participation from around the world. Events including the Grand Opening Keynote and China Semiconductor Technology International Conference (CSTIC Date: Mar 14-15) will be broadcast live.
SEMICON China 2021 Highlights
- Grand Opening Keynotes – Opening keynote speeches will feature industry leaders and the head of China’s IC industry fund and global investment consulting agency as they discuss global business and technology developments, market trends and hot industry investment topics.
- China Semiconductor Technology International Conference (CSTIC) –The largest technology international conference of semiconductor industry in China, 9 symposiums help understand the technical trends and latest achievement.
- SIIP China: SEMI Innovation and Investment Forum – Key topics will include the economic environment, industry dynamics, trade friction, STAR Market opportunities, international cooperation, equipment materials procurement, semiconductor supply chain challenges, technology hot spots, new infrastructure and Internet of Things (IoT).
- Design Innovation Forum – The session will focus on advances in semiconductor design.
- Smart Manufacturing Forum – The event will focus on areas such as the semiconductor industry’s vision for smart manufacturing, key challenges, big data analytics and artificial intelligence (AI).
- Advanced Manufacturing Forum – This session will explore the latest developments, innovations and trends in advanced manufacturing.
- NEW: Advanced Material Forum – With advanced materials now a critical enabler and accelerator of electronics innovation, industry experts will discuss the latest developments.
- Advanced Packaging Forum – The program will address emerging advanced packaging technologies and the heterogeneous integration ecosystem and opportunities.
- Power & Compound Semiconductor International Forum 2021 – The two-day program will target topics including wide band gap power electronics, optoelectronics, compound semiconductors in communications, and emerging power device technologies.
- Memory Strategic Forum – The program will address emerging memory technologies, storage, packaging and testing, PCRAM technology and its AI applications, and atomic layer deposition (ALD) technology applications.
Workforce Development Pavilion
As the microelectronics industry works to build its talent pipeline and China collaborates with industry and government partners to fill the talent gap, the Workforce Development Pavilion will connect hiring companies with prospective workers through features such as a job fair and mentoring program, job board and the SEMI Workforce CXO Talent Forum.