September 27, 2023
Are you involved in managing your company’s software licensing practices and infrastructure? If so, this free webinar is for you!
Register today for this informative webinar presented by the Electronic System Design (ESD) Alliance.
10:00 am – 11:30 am
Virtual Webinar (Pacific Time),
The SEMI Server Certification Protocol was developed to minimize the unauthorized use (piracy) of licensed software. Developed by a partnership of companies in the Electronic Design Automation (EDA) industry and managed by the Electronic System Design Alliance, a SEMI Technology Community, the protocol is applicable to many high-value software solutions. The protocol achieves this by being able to uniquely identify license servers – closing a loophole that is often exploited to enable unauthorized software use.
Later this year, SEMI will begin offering licenses to the protocol to companies wishing to strengthen their software license management systems against unauthorized usage.
On Wednesday, September 27th, the ESD Alliance will be presenting a webinar on the protocol including:
- How software piracy impacts both software vendors and their customers
- An overview of how the protocol is used to prevent license server duplication
- A description of the protocol and its scope
- How the protocol can be integrated into a software license management system
- Additional background on use cases and how the protocol can be applied in different environments
The webinar will be presented by the chair of the joint development team that developed the protocol and will include a Q&A session.