Get ready! The 2022 3D InCites Awards nominations are open! This year, we are excited to partner with the International Microelectronics and Packaging Society (IMAPs) to bring you the 2022 3D InCites Awards at the 2022 Device Packaging Conference, March 7-10, 2022.
Everything you need to know to participate
Awards will be presented in person on Tuesday, March 8, just after the Keynote Session. That way, winners who are exhibiting will be able to display their Awards during the show.
Nominations open Thursday, January 20. You’ll have until February 10 to submit nominations for the following categories:
- Device Technology of the Year
- Process of the Year
- Device Manufacturer of the Year
- Startup of the Year
- Equipment Supplier of the Year
- Materials Supplier of the Year
- The Herb Reiter Design Tool Award
- Research Institute of the Year
- Engineer of the Year
- 2022 Sustainability Award
- SemiSister Award for DEI
3D InCites Technology Awards
This year’s technology award judges are:
They will be reviewing your nominations, so be sure to provide detailed information about how your process, tool, material, or device solves an industry challenge or challenges in heterogeneous integration.
For the Engineer of the Year, R&D institute, and Startup of the Year awards, be sure to explain the person or organizations’ accomplishments in enabling heterogeneous integration.
Online voting for the technology awards ONLY will open on February 17. The online ballot serves as the fifth judge for the awards.
Sustainability and SemiSister Awards
Note that NEW this year, we are accepting nominations for the Sustainability Award and the SemiSister Award for DEI. However, they will not be part of the online ballot. The winner will be selected by a panel of expert judges who will evaluate the nominees according to specific criteria.
Sustainability Award and Criteria
The 3D InCites Sustainability Award is presented to a company that demonstrates best practices in sustainable semiconductor manufacturing. Dean Freeman, Chief Analyst, Freeman Technology and Market advisors, and Julia Goldstein, Owner, JLFG Communications and Author of Material Value, return once again as Sustainability Award Judges.
Dean and Julia established criteria based on the following criteria:
- Commitment to the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDG), particularly
- # 6: Clean water and sanitation
- #7: Affordable and clean energy
- #12: Responsible consumption and production
- #13: Climate action
- Their rigor of reporting, delving into data presented in their most recent CSR/Sustainability reports on greenhouse gas emissions, adoption of clean energy, water use, handling of hazardous and non-hazardous waste, and more. The committee looked both at progress to date and future goals
- Creative solutions that go beyond conventional practices to address the above issues
- Other recent awards and recognition for sustainability, including 2020 scores from CDP Global on climate change and water security
3D InCites Sustainability Award Committee
Jennifer Yuen, Senior Director of Global Corporate Communications at ASE Group is this year’s addition to the committee. She will be representing last year’s Sustainability Award Winner, ASE Group. Over her 20+ year career at ASE, responsibilities have included strategic marketing, customer and ESG communications, digital strategy, and media relations efforts worldwide.
SemiSister Award and Criteria
The SemiSister Award for DEI is presented to a company that demonstrates best practices in Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. Returning once again to the Selection Committee are Margaret Kindling, SEMI Foundation, and Joanne Itow, SEMICO Research. They established the following criteria upon which this award is based.
- Has the nominee built, expanded, or supported an inclusive workplace culture?
- Does the nominee create an environment of inclusion and belonging, through ERGs or other affinity groups?
- Does the nominee ensure a diverse pool of candidates in the hiring process?
- Does nominee lead in diversity, equity, and inclusion improvements within their organization Influences others in the larger community by words and actions
- Does the nominee implement recognizable solutions to diversify leaders, managers, and the employee pipeline?
- Does the nominee show rigorous, effective analyses of employee pay equity designed to identify and solve problems?
- Does the nominee inspire and lift others to address social justice and systemic racism which affects it, and work towards a solution?
- Does the nominee make talent development, leadership, and advancement opportunities accessible to all?
- Are there mentors and sponsors available to advance women and underrepresented groups?
- Does the nominee develop and implement senior management-level human capital strategies and structures to all employees?
- Does the nominee encourage and influence peers to lead in diversity, equity, and inclusion improvements within their organization Influences others in the larger community by words and actions?
- Does the organization have a purpose-driven mindset, and does it instill that mindset in its employees to support the community?
SemiSister Award for DEI Selection Committee
Joining the panel this year is Antoinette Hamilton, Head of Global Inclusion and Diversity at Lam Research. She will be representing last year’s winner, Lam Research. In her role, Antoinette drives the strategy for diversity and inclusion initiatives, ensuring alignment with executive and senior management; consulting on and embedding best practices across recruiting, employee development, and business processes; and developing key partnerships to foster a diverse workforce. She is also accountable for Lam’s progress on I&D metrics.
Once nominations for the 2022 3D InCites Awards open on Thursday, you’ll want to act fast and get your nomination in before February 10th. We are on a tight schedule this year, so deadlines won’t be extended! Bookmark this post. It will be updated when the nomination page goes live on the 20th! – FvT