HSINCHU, Taiwan – September 10, 2020 – Advanced, smart, and green manufacturing will take center stage on-site and online September 23-25 as SEMICON Taiwan 2020 gathers industry visionaries and experts for the latest market trends, business opportunities, and innovations across the semiconductor supply chain. Bringing together 550 exhibitors across 2,000 booths at the Taipei Nangang Exhibition Center, Hall 1 (TaiNEX 1), the hybrid event will also feature a virtual platform featuring an expo hall, live streaming forums, and virtual reality (VR) technology for an immersive online experience accessible around the world. SEMICON Taiwan 2020 registration is now open.
The event coincides with the emergence of work from home, cloud services and telemedicine merged as drivers of semiconductor industry growth. Enabling technologies artificial intelligence (AI) and 5G are also key forces at play. The three technology areas – critical bulwarks in the world’s continuing battle against the COVID-19 pandemic – will contribute to a record US$67.7 billion in global fab equipment spending, an increase of 24%, next year, according to SEMI.
SEMICON Taiwan 2020 Highlights
- Master Forum – High-technology thought leaders from TSMC, Foxconn, STMicroelectronics, Micron, FET, and Lam Research will explore how the semiconductor industry can leverage AI and 5G to fuel the next wave of innovation.
- Hi-Tech Corporate Growth & Innovation Forum – Taiwan Tech Arena (TTA) and Taiwania Capital will join SEMI for the first time to discuss how more corporations can make strategic investments to drive sustainable innovation. In addition, more than 10 semiconductor startups will introduce cross-discipline technologies designed to drive innovation.
- SMART Mobility Forum – Industry experts from IBM, Renesas Electronics, NXP Semiconductors, STMicroelectronics and Jaguar Land Rover will share the latest automotive technologies and market trends.
- SMART MedTech Forum – Experts from the Ministry of Science Technology (MOST), National Yang-Ming University and Powerchip Semiconductor Manufacturing will introduce cutting-edge medical technologies for the COVID-19 era and beyond.
- SMART Workforce Pavilion – To help build the electronics industry’s talent pipeline, SEMICON Taiwan 2020 will feature the Talent Cultivation Symposium, Women-in-Tech Forum and Talent Forum. In addition, talent-matching events will connect microelectronics companies with students to help them take an early step in launching their careers in high technology.
- Theme Pavilions & Innovation Zone – The event’s 15 theme pavilions and innovation zones will focus on critical areas of chip industry innovation and growth ranging from heterogeneous integration to compound and opto semiconductors, testing and materials while targeting macro issues such as circular economy and green power.
- 5 Concurrent Events – SEMICON Taiwan is co-located with FLEX Taiwan, ITC-Asia, Strategic Materials Conference Taiwan, SiP Global Summit, and SMART Manufacturing Taiwan.
Visitor Safety at SEMICON Taiwan 2020
The safety and well-being of visitors to all SEMI events is SEMI’s top priority. To help protect attendees at the on-site SEMICON Taiwan 2020, SEMI encourages all visitors to wear face masks. Attendees can also take advantage of hand sanitizers and body temperature checks at the event. In addition, contact-tracing information will be gathered.
For more event information, visit SEMICON Taiwan 2020 here.
SEMI® connects more than 2,400 member companies and 1.3 million professionals worldwide to advance the technology and business of electronics design and manufacturing. SEMI members are responsible for the innovations in materials, design, equipment, software, devices, and services that enable smarter, faster, more powerful, and more affordable electronic products. Electronic System Design Alliance (ESD Alliance), FlexTech, the Fab Owners Alliance (FOA) and the MEMS & Sensors Industry Group (MSIG) are SEMI Strategic Association Partners, defined communities within SEMI focused on specific technologies. Visit www.semi.org to learn more, contact one of our worldwide offices, and connect with SEMI on LinkedIn and Twitter.
Phone: 886.3.560.1777 ext. 202
Phone: 886.3.560.1777 ext. 205