Lately, I’ve attended a good number of conference and symposium talks focused on the Internet of Things (IoT). Most of them talk about innovative technologies that have been developed to enable the IoT, how the IoT will make the world a better place, and what we need to do to get there. While many companies are enthusiastic about the opportunities this developing market will bring, the industry is not without its skeptics. Unfortunately some of the most provocative questions posed during these events remain unanswered —such as who will actually make money with the IoT? And how do protect our personal data, and make sure the IoT is secure? So I was happy to see that the agenda for the SEMI Arizona Breakfast Forum, which takes place in my own back yard, on Friday October 16, at Freescale Semiconductor in Tempe, is tackling some of the tough questions, for example:
- How will IoT Security change the way we do business?
- What are the impacts of IoT on the semiconductors manufacturing Industry?
- How is Big Data Analytics monetizing IoT?
- Will wearable electronics reach huge projected market sizes?
The line up is below. Be sure to register by October 9 to take advantage of the Early Bird rates.
AGENDA: 7:30am – 11:00am
- Breakfast & Registration
- Welcome Remarks – Forum Moderator
Jeff Wells Director of Business Development, CollabraTech Solutions
- Ecosystem for MCUs, MEMS and Sensors for IoT
Tony Massimini Chief of Technology, Semico Research
- Sensor Data Analytics: Monetizing the Internet of Things
Ian Chen, Director, Sensor Solution Division, Freescale Semiconductor
- Healthcare Challenges and Opportunities to Semiconductor Industry
Shawn Shi, Ph.D. Sr. Principal Packaging Engineer, Medtronic
- Trusted Data: An Essential Ingredient to Monetizing IoT
David Formisano, Director of Internet of Things Strategy, Internet of Things Group, Intel Corporation
- Safe, Secure and Sustainable IoT Applications
Sandeep K.S. Gupta, Ph.D., Professor and Chair of Computer Science and Engineering, Arizona State University
- Leveraging Simulation for Product Development of IoT Devices
Eric Miller, Principal, PADT, Inc.
For more information, contact:
Sr. Programs Manager, SEMI
Tel: 1.408.943.7920, Cell: 1-510-921-1165
Additionally, please stop by the TECHminds table during the breaks to talk to me about participating in the second annual TECHminds Charity Golf Classic, which takes place December 8, 2015 at Troon North Golf Club, a hallmark of the Scottsdale desert golf experience. 100% of the proceeds will go to two charities focused on finding a cure for childhood cancers. Phoenix Children’s Hospital and G1ve A Buck Fund. This is a great opportunity for the Phoenix area semiconductor community to gather for a day of golf, valuable networking and, with your support, a proud display of charity. ~ F.v.T