The 3DIC IEEE International Conference on 3D System Integration (3D IC 2013) will be held in San Francisco, October, 2-4 2013. Tutorials (Wednesday) and technical sessions (Thursday and Friday) will cover all 3D IC topics, including 3D process technology, materials, equipment, circuits technology, design methodology and applications. Additionally, the event features a keynote address, invited speakers, and a panel that covers the many facets of 3D integration across multiple disciplines and markets.
Wednesday morning (October 2, 2013) from 9:00 -12:00, all attendees are invited to attend the IARPA 3D Technology Forum to kick-off the three-day event. IARPA (Intelligence Advanced Research Projects Agency) sponsors external R&D programs to advance the state-of-the-art in compelling technologies. Focusing on the latest results of IARPA’s program to advance 3D heterogeneous integration using innovative silicon manufacturing base technologies, this forum features a panel with presentations from the program’s performers that are exploring materials and 3D device integration on silicon for exemplary applications in communications, signal processing, and sensing.
Highlights of the agenda include:
- Keynote address by Prof. M. Taklo, SINTEF, who will talk about European activities in heterogeneous sensor integration (e-BRAINS)
- An Invited tak by Mitsu Koyanagi, Tohoku University who will provide an update on 3DIC Activity at Tohoku
- An invited talk by Bob Patti, Tezzaron Semiconductors, who will give his company’s perspective on manufacturing 2.5/3D
- An invited talk by Avi BArCohen, DARPA, who will present the DARMPA ICECool Program
Additionally, don’t miss the Panel Discussion (Thursday 5-6pm) moderated by Jan Vardaman, TechSearch International, on the topic of The Progress and Remaining Obstacles to 3D ICs and 2.5D HVM. Panelists include:
- Mitsumasa Koyanagi, Professor & CTO, Dept. of Bioengineering and Robotics, Advanced Bio-Nano Devices Lab, Tohoku University
- Dimitrios Velenis, Researcher, Integration Cost Analysis and Modeling Specialist, 3D Technologies, Process Technology Unit, IMEC
- Tom Gregorich, Director, Package Engineering, Broadcom
- Manish Ranjan, VP Advanced Packaging and Nanotechnology Markets, Ultratech
The full technical program is available here on the 3D IC IEEE 3D Systems Integration Conference website. Advanced Registration Rates in place until September, 15, 2013.