With a history stretching back nearly 60 years, the IEEE International Electron Devices Meeting (IEDM) is the world’s pre-eminent forum for reporting technological breakthroughs in the areas of semiconductor and electronic device technology, design, manufacturing, physics, and modeling. IEDM is the flagship conference for nanometer-scale CMOS transistor technology, advanced memory, displays, sensors, MEMS devices, novel quantum and nano-scale devices and phenomenology, optoelectronics, devices for power and energy harvesting, high-speed devices, as well as process technology and device modeling and simulation. The conference scope not only encompasses devices in silicon, compound and organic semiconductors, but also in emerging material systems. IEDM is truly an international conference, with strong representation from speakers from around the globe.
In 2013 there is once again an increased emphasis on circuit and device interaction. With ever increasing transistor count, nanometer design rules and layout restrictions, circuit-device interaction is becoming critical to providing viable technology solutions. This new emphasis includes technology/circuit co-optimization, power/performance/area analyses, design for manufacturing and process control, as well as CMOS platform technology and scaling.
- Three plenary presentations by prominent experts
- Invited papers on all aspects of advanced devices and technologies
- Special focus sessions covering topics in
Analog devices and circuits
Advanced semiconductor manufacturing
- Two Evening Panel Discussions
- Presentation of IEEE/EDS Awards
- IEDM Luncheon presentation will be held on Tuesday, December 10
- 90 minute Tutorial Sessions will be offered on Emerging Topics on Saturday, December 7
- Two Short Courses will be held on Sunday, December 8
Features for 2013
- Electronic Presentation is required
- For authors who cannot present their papers in PowerPoint or PDF format, please contact the conference manager.
- Web-based submission of abstracts
Tahir Ghani, Intel Corp., Hillsboro, OR
Ken Rim, IBM, Hopewell Junction, NY
Publicity Vice Chair
Suman Datta, Penn State University, University Park, PA