The 67th annual IEEE-IEDM is scheduled to take place as a live event at the Hilton San Francisco Union Square Hotel from December 11-15, 2021, with on-demand access to content available after the event. The paper-submission deadline is July 23, and the deadline for submission of late news papers is August 30.
IEDM 2021 will feature special Focus Sessions on the following topics:
- Stacking of Devices, Circuits, Chips: Design, Fabrication and Metrology Challenges and Opportunities
- STCO for Memory-Centric Computing and 3D Integration
- Device Technology for Quantum Computing
- Topological Materials, Devices and Systems
- Technologies for AR/VR and Intelligent Sensors
The paper submission deadline is Friday, July 23, 2021. Authors are asked to submit four-page camera-ready papers. Accepted papers will be published as-is in the proceedings. A few late-news papers also will be accepted, covering only the most recent and noteworthy developments. The late-news submission deadline is August 30, 2021.
The IEDM is the premier forum for technological breakthroughs in semiconductor and related device technology, manufacturing, design, physics and modeling. Each year, the world’s leading technologists gather to participate in a technical program of more than 220 presentations, plus panels, focus sessions, tutorials, Short Courses, supplier exhibits, IEEE/EDS award presentations and other events highlighting the industry’s best work.
IEDM 2021 encourages submissions in all areas, with special emphasis on:
- Neuromorphic computing/AI
- Quantum computing devices
- Devices for RF, 5G, THz and mmWave applications
- Advanced memory technologies
- Technologies for advanced logic nodes
- Non-charge-based devices and systems
- Advanced power devices, modules and systems
- Sensors, MEMS and bioelectronics
- Package-device level interactions
- Electron device simulation and modeling
- Robustness/security of electronic circuits and systems
- Optoelectronics, displays and imaging systems
The IEDM 2021 technical subcommittees are as follows:
- Advanced Logic Technology (ALT)
- Emerging Device and Compute Technology (EDT)
- Memory Technology (MT)
- Microwave, Millimeter Wave and Analog Technology (MAT)
- Modeling and Simulation (MS)
- Optoelectronics, Displays and Imaging Systems (ODI)
- Power Devices and Systems (PDS)
- Reliability of Systems and Devices (RSD)
- Sensors, MEMS and Bioelectronics (SMB)
For more information, visit the IEDM 2021 home page at www.ieee-iedm.org.