The 2023 Symposium on VLSI Technology & Circuits Announces Call for Papers on the Theme:
“Rebooting Technology & Circuits for a Sustainable Future”
KYOTO, JAPAN (September 29, 2022) – The 2023 Symposium on VLSI Technology & Circuits will once again deliver a unique convergence of technology and circuits for the microelectronics industry as a fully merged event to maximize the synergy across both domains. The 43rd Symposium on VLSI Technology & Circuits has announced a call for papers around the theme: “Rebooting Technology & Circuits for a Sustainable Future.” The six-day conference program will be held at the Rihga Royal Hotel in Kyoto, Japan, from June 11-16, 2023.
The Symposium will feature advanced VLSI technology developments, innovative circuit design, and the applications they enable, such as artificial intelligence, machine learning, IoT, wearable/implantable biomedical applications, big data, cloud / edge computing, virtual reality (VR) / augmented reality (AR), robotics, and autonomous vehicles.
The deadline for paper submissions to the Symposium is February 1, 2023 at 23:59 JST. Complete details for paper submission can be found online at the Symposium website.
The Symposium on VLSI Technology & Circuits seeks papers focusing on technical innovation and advances in the following areas:
- Advanced CMOS and interconnect technologies
- Advanced packaging, 2.5D, 3D, and heterogeneous integration
- Beyond CMOS technologies, such as spin logic, optical and quantum computing
- Biomedical devices, circuits and systems
- Data converters
- Devices and accelerators for machine learning
- Device physics, characterization, reliability, and modeling
- Digital circuits, hardware security, signal integrity and IOs
- DTCO and design enablement
- Frequency generation and clocking circuits
- Memory technologies, devices, circuits, and architectures
- Power, analog, and mixed-signal devices and circuits
- Advanced processes and materials for scaling and new devices
- Processors and SoCs
- Sensors, imagers, IoT, MEMS, and display circuits
- Wireless and RF devices, circuits, and systems
- Wireline and optical transceivers; optical interconnects, and processors
- Innovative systems, using FPGAs and COTS components
With a program that integrates technology, circuits, and systems with a range and scope unlike any other conference, the weeklong Symposium continues its reputation as one of the microelectronics industry’s premiere international conferences. In addition to the technical presentations, the Symposium program will feature a demonstration session, evening panel discussions, joint focus sessions, short courses, workshops, and a special forum session that provides a focused discussion on a specific topic that will suggest the future direction of the Symposium.
Best Student Paper Award for the Symposium is selected based on the quality of the papers and presentations. The recipient will receive a monetary award, travel cost support, and a certificate. For a paper to be reviewed for this award, the lead author and presenter of the paper must be enrolled as a full-time student at the time of submission, and must indicate on the web submission form that the paper is a student paper.
Further Information and Official Call for Papers
The Symposium on VLSI Technology & Circuits is sponsored by the Japan Society of Applied Physics, in cooperation with the Institute of Electronics, Information and Communication Engineers, and the IEEE Electron Devices Society, in cooperation with the IEEE Solid State Circuits Society.